Wednesday, September 10, 2008

There was Once a Dope Radio Show called...



Download: The Hip Hop 101 Show Vol.1

THE HIP HOP 101 SHOW! What can I say, probably one of my greatest accomplishments. It had a 7 year run, and what a beautiful run it had. I played nothing but the illest hip hop tracks around, be it mainstream, underground, and local. Alot of artists around my way still say thanks for putting them on the air. Me and my many co-hosts(shouts to Lana and Josh and Optix)put out a quality show that had listeners feenin' for more. Interviews, album reviews, and current events that happened in the hip hop world was the show's format, and we represented it right, with a touch of humor. I think what got me the most was the fact that our biggest fans were the inmates in local county jails(shouts to LCP and NCP). They use to write letters to us to give them a shout out and play their favorite joints and also in these letters, they use to tell us how our show kept them going. I had some of the inmates come and visit me when I use to work at the Undaground Set and give me props and say thanks for doing the show. The most memorable show I did was when I did a special Thanksgiving show where I had the families of inmates call up the station and wish there loved ones in jail a Happy Thanksgiving. Some of the inmates even called up and wished their families the same. I shed a tear that day. Well here is a mix of joints that I use to bang at the station. Shouts to WLVR, AJ Fritz and all the staff, peace.

P.S. How does it feel seeing us rise up, lol, ain't karma a bitch...bitch.

1 comment:

Jaguar Nono said...

Dope Mix Cap. Thanks for the DL